spider mode - viewing indexing status and progress messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spider mode - viewing indexing status and progress messages

Hello to all at Wrensoft! ( thanks for a great product!! )

I have 2 questions, they both refer to the spider mode.

The first is can the "Indexing Status" window be made larger or resizable?
    I have difficulty seeing all the data thats available..

The second question is can the information in the 'Progress window' (to the right of the screen), be summerised? The 'verbose' mode is ok, but if you have thousands of lines of results to sift through it would be much easier to have a summery at the end.
    What I mean is, the indexing status window displays how many files were and were not indexed, but the 'were not's' are all put in together.
    If there was a count of extensions not indexed ( and the extension type ), it would give immediate feed back as to whether an additional extension(s) should be added to the file types for the next spider run.

Here is my wish: that more software was as well supported and documented as Zoom is.
    Colin

The "Indexing Status" tab can not be resized, but you can obviously scroll through it. However, all of the information is actually listed at the end of indexing as "Index Summary".

This also partially answers your second question ... there is already an Index Summary at the end of indexing. If you do not see this, you may have disabled it from the "Status Log" tab of the Configuration window.

From this same configuration window, you can specify the lines/messages that will be logged and displayed in the index log (or "progress window"). So you can potentially turn off all messages except for errors and warnings if necessary.

We do think a summarized indication of the extensions that have been rejected would be useful however. We will consider adding something like this (and other possible GUI changes which could help) in a future version.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray.
      With the 'index status tab' my point really is that if the tab has more information than it can display, surely it needs to be bigger? Otherwise whats the point of the information being available?( if you cant see it? )Thats not important to me anyway ( but it would be nice ).

We do think a summarized indication of the extensions that have been rejected would be useful however. We will consider adding something like this (and other possible GUI changes which could help) in a future version.
      I look forward to the 'quote' in a future version.
      Thanks.
      ps I think Zoom is great software, but it could be just a tiny bit better( for me..)
      Colin

Comment

Working...
      X