No announcement yet.

Highlighting not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the back button problem might be a Mozilla/Firefox bug. It also seems to only happen with your web pages - it does not occur in our tests using a simple, basic web page with the jump to highlighting script in either Firefox or IE.

It might be triggered by a combination of the highlight script, the other scripts you are using, your pragma/no-cache headers, or possibly even the Google ads.

Here's a list of possible related "back button" bugs in Mozilla

If someone (or Eagle_f90) can replicate this problem with a simpler web page (no other scripts or unnecessary headers), let us know.

The highlight color is specified by CSS. Your pages seem to be using several different CSS files, so you should check which one actually contains the style class for "highlight".
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I tested it in IE and got the same thing so it is not a firefox issue. And right now I am dealing with to much other stuff to continue dealing with this. Maybe latter in the month I will do some testing to see if I can track down this bug but for now I am just disabling highlighting and will write my own script for it later.

THanks for all the help.

Comment

The "back button" problem did not occur in IE 6.0 (on Windows XP SP2) when I last tested it here (before you disabled the highlighting). I am unable to confirm if this happened with the unmodified script or not since you only had the modified version up when I saw it. But as mentioned above, let us know if anyone can replicate this problem on a page without other scripts etc. Otherwise it can not be easily determined as to which script is actually causing the problem (as is the nature of Javascripts).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X