Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating your own page

Just want to confirm,

I have taken the code to build my own search page. Works great and have categories and everything. Problem If I disable the seach page being generated then when the results come back the user has to hit back to do a new search,

or if it does create the seach page. When the search is done the results page has the default search at the top of the results (All is default cat)
    So I am asking if you do a custom search page where you can order your categories can you not have the results come up wtih the search window at the top of them? (To do another search)

Or is it if you want to have the search option again at the top of the results you have to use the default of the page and thus default category ordering (Meaning all is default)

Thanks

You can create your own custom search form to re-order categories by including your new form in the search_template.html file.

At least I think this is the answer to your question. It might have helped if you posted the URL to your search function, so that we could see the problem.

-------
    David

Comment

My site is not on the net unfortuantly. I think you did answer my question. Do you have any examples of Custom Search forms in the search_template? Or what the jist of it would look like?

I tried changing that file around but then I would get two search boxes coming up.

I am sure I am just missing something or am just really slow. I did turn of the generate a search_page option as well but then I didn't seem to get any search ability. If you have an example that would probably be the best.

Thanks if you can help.

Comment

I think I figured it out...
        Thanks

Comment

um.. what was the solution ?

Comment

I think the original poster simply did not realize (at first) that he can add his custom search form to the "search_template.html" file itself, and that you can disable the search form which is automatically generated by the script.

See this FAQ for more information:
            http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X