Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Category Question

This may be a stupid question..

I am trying to change the order of the catagories as displayed and change the default one. I would like to use the default Search page but just change the ordering. I experimented with the info supplied in the FAQ but didnt have much sucess. To change the ordering is it just a matter of repositioning them? Ie -1(All) 0(cat 1) 1(cat2) and just put the -1 beside the cat I want to be default or do they need to be in the order they should be displayed? I did try that but it didn't seem to pay attention to them.

When I used the script to create my own page it did do a search how ever as soon as you click search the results come back on teh default search page again which.

When I tired to modify the search_template.html file and followed the instructions of viewing the source and putting the categories in then I was getting to search boxes on the search page. So wasn't sure which tag to get rid of or what I was quite to do.

This was probably very confusing but if you could help it would be appreciated.

To sum up all I want to do is have my default Category be a differnet on then the all and use the normal template search page.

Thank you

By default, the categories appear in the order that they are defined in the ZoomIndexer Configuration window. This means that if you move them around here (select a category and click on the up/down arrows on the right of the list), they will change the order that the categories appear in the resulting search form. However, "All" will still appear first, as will the catchall "default" category appear last.

An alternative is to define your own search form as mentioned here:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...tml#searchform

In which case, you can simply re-order the <option> elements to be the order that you want. Note that you do not change the value, and "-1" does not specify the default category as you suggested, so you were wrong there ("-1" is used for the "All" category specifically).

From the example in the FAQ, if i wanted to re-order the categories so that "News" is first and "All" is last, it would look like this:

Code:
    <select name='zoom_cat'> 
        <option value="0">News</option> 
        <option value="1">Articles</option> 
        <option value="2">Misc.</option> 
        <option value="-1">All</option> 
    </select>
    It also sounds like you got a bit confused with the generated search form and the one you define yourself. Note the instructions on the above FAQ page mentions that you should disable the search form generated by the script so that you do not have two search boxes in this scenario. You do this from the "Search Page" tab of the Configuration window, by setting the "Search form" option to "Do not generate".
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X