Enhancement request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhancement request

This topic may be covered already, but I did not find it.

I'm helping a friend with her website. She builds the site with a tool called "Cute Site Builder" (CSB), a WYSIWYG application. As far as I can assertain, the CSB tool does not allow her to add meta tag definitions aside from the standard keywords and description types... My frustration then is that we really need to be able to zoomboost some select pages on the site, and I have no way to do it. Of the 375 pages on the site, a small handful should take precidence over others, and zoomboost would be ideal, would it not be for the CSB limitations. (I went as far as to try to insert the zoomboost and zoomwords html within the body of a page that I use to test such things, and unfortunately the zoom indexer did not find them

Would it be possible in future to have a set of comments that would achieve the same effect as the ZOOMBOOST meta tag?

Something on the order of:

through

The silly WYSIWYG tool allows her to add html to the body, just not to the head section.

Of course, there may be another obvious solution I've overlooked

I should say that overall I'm pleased with the zoomsearch tool and ease of use, would just prefer it played well with CSB.

Thanks in advance,
    Jan

Meta tags must appear within the <head> ... </head> section of the page. This is in compliance with the W3 HTML Standard.

The problem you are having is really a shortcoming of "Cute Site Builder", in that it does not allow you to add meta tags besides title, description and keywords, and that it also does not allow you to add HTML within the <head> section of the page.

However, I did a quick search online and found other people having this problem, and fortunately, a solution. Apparently, you can add meta tags via the fields for meta title/author, etc in CSB. See this page for more info:
    http://www.samisite.com/publish/pageproperties.htm
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks much!

I'm embarrassed that I didn't find that myself!

Appreciate the help!
      Jan

Comment

Working...
      X