Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Str_Form-Submit_Button undefined error

Hi,

I get Zoom Search Engine prof. 4.1 for my company and it works fine on our webserver with cgi.

But now I try to index a DVD with the Java engine as frontend. If I index about 100 pages I get no problems. But I have to index 2041 Files - the index job works fine so far. But if I test the search page in IE6 I get a java-skript error in row 231, Character 9: "Str_Form-Submit_Button is undefined"; Code 0 in search.html. Of course nothing in my configuration is different from the 100 pages search index - expect the max. amount of files.

The zoom_description files is about 11 MB - is that the problem?

16:42:10 - Files scanned: 2041
    16:42:10 - Files skipped: 239
    16:42:10 - Unique words found: 176413
    16:42:10 - Total words found: 8410978
    16:42:10 - Avg. unique words per page: 86
    16:42:10 - Avg. words per page: 4121

It is quite likely that the 11 MB descriptions file is a problem. Javascript (note that this is NOT the same as Java - see here) is a limited scripting platform, and most browsers only permit around 6 to 7 MB of memory to be used. If you enable Javascript errors in IE, you should get an "out of memory" error, but this may be supressed at the moment due to your IE configuration.

I presume you may have increased the "Max. description length" setting on the Limits tab of your Configuration window. If this is the case, you should consider lowering this value, so that the descriptions file will not require so much memory. You may then be able to search all of those files without problems.

You might also want to take a look at this FAQ which describes alternatives to using the Javascript version to search larger sets of files on CD/DVDs:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support...wto.html#cgicd
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X