PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HTML Template Path (Net Objects Fusion v8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTML Template Path (Net Objects Fusion v8)

Hi Zoomers,

I am following the NOF tutorial at http://www.lansrad.com/html/tutzoom3.html

Towards the bottom of the above url the tutorial requires me to specify a custom location for the HTML template and shows this being done via the advanced tab of configuration.

But it seems that this is now not available on the advanced or any other tab. Only the search script path may be set not the path to the HTML template.

Have I missed something or is it no longer possible to set a custom path for the HTML template file.

Any other tips for configuring Zoom with Net Objects Fusion would be greatfully received.

Thanks

That tutorial refers to an older version of Zoom (Version 3.1). The LANSRAD guys (who wrote that tutorial) are working on something more up to date.

The latest version of Zoom (Version 4.1) is actually even easier to setup for NOF and other website creation software. A custom template path is not necessary because Zoom will NOT overwrite an existing template file in the output directory.

This means you can either:

a) Copy your created search_template.html file to your output directory, and index your site normally.

OR

b) Configure Zoom to not upload the template file (click "Configure" -> "FTP" and check "Do not upload search template"). This would allow you to handle the template file seperately from Zoom, and assumes that you have published a file with the same name ("search_template.html") from NOF.

The second option is probably best, and allows you to make changes to your search page in the future, without having to re-configure anything in Zoom. In fact, this feature was requested by the folks at LANSRAD specifically to make it easier to work with NOF.

Note that with this latter method, you should make sure that the search template is published (using NOF) to the same folder as where you have configured Zoom to upload your index files.

Hope that helps.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I eventually figured out that telling NOF to publish a page called search_template.html and then configuring zoom ftp to not overwrite it was the way to go.

I also decided to link a NOF nav button to a NOF page called search.php and then configure zoom FTP to overwrite it with the required search.php.
      That way I didn't need any forms or buttons or multiple master borders as described in the LANSRAD tutorial. So now I click the "search" nav button and get the zoom template perfectly integrated into my NOF site.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X