PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search text box for CGI is not displaying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search text box for CGI is not displaying.

Hi:

We are using Zoom Search v5 and have IIS 6 (Windows Server2003). These are the steps (from your CGI FAQ) we took to enable running of the CGI script, but when we see the search_template.html, we do not see the text box for searching. We only see the HTML text.

1. We set the Execute Permissions on the folder that has all the search files including search.cgi and search_template.html to “Scripts and Executables”.

2. From the IIS 6.0 Manager window, we located "Web Service Extensions", and created a new Web Service Extension. We did this by right-clicking in the web service extensions list, and selecting "Add a New web service extension". Entered a name "Zoom Search Engine CGI", and clicked "Add" to specify the path to the "search.cgi" file.

3. Added "Write" and “Modify” permission to the "logs" subfolder inside the folder that has all the search files.

Any idea what else we need to do or what we are doing wrong?

Thanks,
    K

Originally posted by kutra View Post
    ... but when we see the search_template.html, we do not see the text box for searching. We only see the HTML text.
    It sounds like you're accessing the wrong file to get to the search page. The "search_template.html" file is a behind-the-scenes file (for you to modify the appearance of the search page), and not the resultant search page. So it's perfectly normal there's no search form there.

Please see this FAQ:
    Q. Why is there no search form on my search page?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

My mistake for not clarifying that I am integrating ZoomSearch with RoboHelp which is why we are accessing "search_template.html". We had gotten this to work on our previous release earlier this year following the exact steps that I wrote. But for some reason, it's failing this time around.

Thanks,
      K

Comment

Ah! Got it working. There was a step that I had missed. Basically the RoboHelp file “whskn_tbars.htm” needed to be edited so “search_files/search_template.html” is replaced with “search_files/search.cgi”.

It works fine!

Thanks,
        K

Comment

Working...
        X