Search Form Gets Overwritten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Form Gets Overwritten

I have added my header and footer to the search.asp page.

However every time I Spider the site the software over writes my page

Boo his boo !

Otherwise it's an excellent package Well Done Chaps / Chapesses

P.S. PHPBB is cool, we are about to launch it on our Intranet !
    Many Thanks

Dave Nash
    Snr. Web Systems Developer

People here in the UK say "Talk to the Wall"

People in the UK here say "Talk to the Wall" meaning that an answer might come if you just air your problem.

Well ... it did, I just made the file Read Only, I thought that this may mess the transfer and stop other files from being written.

No the Guys & Gals at Wrensoft have thought about that and it just gives a little error message saying cannot upload search.asp well I can cope with that.

Excellent !

Thanks Chaps/Chapesses
    Many Thanks

Dave Nash
    Snr. Web Systems Developer

Comment

Just to clarify for other readers. The search.asp file is overwritten at the end of indexing. This can be avoided by using the "custom script source path" on the Advanced tab of the Zoom configuration window.

Also when you do an upload of the files to the server using Zoom, then all files are transfered, including search.asp, on to the server. So files on the server will be overwritten.

So one way to solve the problem would be to have a local copy of your custom script & use the script source path.

But even better would to be avoid customisation of the script. If you just need a header and footer then you can,

1/ Edit the search_template.html file to insert the HTML header and Footer.

OR

2/ If you have a dymanic header and Footer, written in script, the use the instructions here,
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_ssi.html
      to include the header without needing to customise the search script.

----
      David

Comment

guys..

what's the fix if my search.asp got overwritten after Zoom auto-upload? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wrensoft
          Just to clarify for other readers. The search.asp file is overwritten at the end of indexing. This can be avoided by using the "custom script source path" on the Advanced tab of the Zoom configuration window.

Also when you do an upload of the files to the server using Zoom, then all files are transfered, including search.asp, on to the server. So files on the server will be overwritten.

So one way to solve the problem would be to have a local copy of your custom script & use the script source path.

But even better would to be avoid customisation of the script. If you just need a header and footer then you can,

1/ Edit the search_template.html file to insert the HTML header and Footer.

OR

2/ If you have a dymanic header and Footer, written in script, the use the instructions here,
          to include the header without needing to customise the search script.

----
          David
          david, i did the custom script path thingy and still it doesnt help at the end of indexing

Comment

The "Custom script source path" in the Advanced tab of the Configuration window, specifies an alternative folder for ZoomIndexer to retrieve the search script (as opposed to the default locations in the Zoom program folder) to be written to the output directory.

This allows you to maintain multiple customized versions of the search script, without applying your changes directly to the original copy. It is up to you to make sure that each customized copy of the script has your changes applied.

Note that Zoom will still overwrite the copy of the search script in your output folder at the end of indexing, and it will still overwrite the file on the server when uploading. The difference now is that it will overwrite it with a customized copy of the script that you have configured it to use.

Please note: As mentioned before, this is usually not necessary. The recommended way to include a header, footer, or any ASP, PHP and server-side operations on the search page is to use the method described here:
            This method would not require changes to the search script and avoid the need to manage them as mentioned above. It would also save you the need to re-apply your changes whenever you update to a newer build of Zoom.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X