Search Results display same page multiple times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Results display same page multiple times

In the search results window - the same page title is displayed several times. As if I am getting one result per occurence of the search term per incident, and it is not recognizing when the search term is repeated multiple times on the page.

Any thoughts?

If you could post the URL to your search function that would be good.

I think you might be confused. The search probably returned several different pages as results, but you might not have used a unique title for each of your pages. (so the page title is the same even if the URL is different for each result).

----
    David

Comment

Here is a URL

I tried posting this this morning - not sure if I made a mistake since I don't see it in the thread now....

http://www.cjee.org/search.php?zoom_query=jatco

Comment

Something's definitely wrong there. Can you tell us:

- Have you modified the search script (search.php) in any way?
        - What version of Zoom are you using? Click on Help->About in the Indexer to find out. The latest version is available at:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html
        - Is the search.php file being redirected? Or did you change the path of the index files? None of the other expected search files appear to be in the same folder as "search.php", which is normally required.
        - Did you make sure to re-upload ALL index files after indexing? You can not mix files from different indexing sessions. A good way to check is to look at the search files on your server and see if they all have the same (or very close) date and time. This includes all .zdat files, as well as the "settings.php" file.

If you continue to have problems, zip up your search files and send them to us via e-mail (see our Contact Us page).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X