Division by zero, memory exhausted & incorrect results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division by zero, memory exhausted & incorrect results

I am running the Profession Edition of Zoom, version 4.0, build 1016.

It's going pretty good, but I'm having a couple of problems.

#1 - The search goes along fine until at some point I get this error for the rest of the pages found: Warning: Division by zero.

#2. - I search for, say, "dogs", & I get: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes).

#3 - When I search for a particular word that I take out of a page, it finds it all over the place, except for that page. &, some of the pages that it was "found" it may or may not be there.

All the .zdat files, etc. are up to date. I tried adding a .htaccess file with

"<FilesMatch "\.(php|html?)$">
    php_value memory_limit 32000000
    </FilesMatch>"

with no luck. I don't have access to the php.config or php.ini files. It is a shared server, unfortunately. By the way, I had to remove the .htaccess. I couldn't get to the php pages in that folder. (Don't know much about .htaccess.)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

We've looked into this problem further via e-mail correspondance and have determined the cause of the problems.

The problem was actually caused by uploading the files incorrectly, in ASCII mode (aka text mode) using a third-party FTP application. All search files must be uploaded in binary mode, and this should be specified in your FTP client.

Note that if you use Zoom's built-in FTP upload feature, it will automatically upload in binary mode, thus ensuring that all files are uploaded correctly.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X