Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorting books by levels

Hello,

I am currently trying you free software to see if it fits our needs for our school. We are creating a search engine on our schools website to index all of our leveled books for the elementary. So we will have 26 different categories ranging from level A to level Z. When we enter level C to search for all the level C books the search returns everything that contains the word level. I have currently excluded level from the index so it only searches for C. Is there an easier way so when I enter level C it only shows books that contains level C in the description? If I enter level A the results also return everything that contains "A" in the title of the book. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Troy

It depends on how you have these "levels" specified in your documents. How are they defined? How do you tell when a page is actually from "level A" and did not simply MENTION "level A"?

You should also take a look at the Categories feature in Zoom, which allows you to categorize files based on the filename or URL. See chapter 2.3.7 of our Users Guide:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

Also note "exact phrase" matching, which lets you match the exact word "level A" as opposed to a page with the word "level" and "A" in it(see the "Search Page" tab of the configuration window).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

leveling books

Thanks for your quick reply.

The only mention of the leveled book type for example "level A" is when it was directly typed onto the web page for the book. Is there another way to enter the level material for the book rather than typing it onto the webpage? If so how?

Thanks,

Troy

Comment

You could have your webpages in seperate folders per level. That way you can define categories in Zoom to search within a specific level. Another similar way is to simply include it in the naming of the file, eg: levela_report.html, levela_article.html, levelb_report.html, etc.

Refer to both the categories and exact phrase matching features mentioned above. The exact phrase matching, when enabled, allows you to search for a phrase (ie: a specific sequence of words) by enclosing it in double quotes.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X