Not all the results are being displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not all the results are being displayed

I searched for a string which was found 17 times (2 pages), yet it only displays a single link as if it had found it once only.

How can I "force" it to show all the links. Interestingly enough it seems to do this for all the strings I am searching for.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Angelo
    aguevara@ideorlando.org

Foudn a strange behaviour

Just for kicks, I executed the same search in Internet Explorer and Mozilla's Firefox. IE does not display all the results, just a single one while Firefox displays all of them properly.

Any ideas?

Angelo

Comment

Are you using the Javascript version?

Make sure that you are using the latest build (Version 4.0 Build 1016) available from here:
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/whatsnew.html

Also make sure that you are using the same charset on your search.html page that you have specified in the Zoom configuration window (under the Languages tab).

If you continue to have problems, give us a URL to the search page - or zip up your search files and email them to us.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

IE Not Rendering Results Properly

Raymond,

I emailed the source files to your support email address.

I did download the latest version of the code/application, made sure I am using the same character set, but it is still not displaying properly in IE.

I am using the JavaScript version.

One question I have is whether I should use the Spider mode, or the Offline mode. I understand how they work, but would like to make sure they both work well with the JavaScript version. I noticed that one of them takes about 20-25 to generate while the other takes 2 minutes, I assume this is due to the fact that the spider mode has to do more "digging" before creating the search results.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to resolve the IE issue.

Thanks.
        Angelo

Comment

Offline mode will almost always be quicker than spider mode. Most local hard disks have transfer rates of above 200 Mbit/sec. Most internet connections are less than 1Mbit/sec. A huge difference.

(We have the files you sent and will have a look at them)

Comment

Working...
          X