Version upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version upgrade

I am licensed for the professional edition. I have Version 5.0 Build: 1006.
    I checked for an upgrade and downloaded the latest but it was the 'free' edition. Where would I go to download an upgrade to the professional edition ... or do I have it?
    Thanks!

V5 license keys will not work in V6 of the software. You can find details of free and paid for upgrades on the upgrade sales page.

Comment

Thanks ...
      Will 6 overwrite 5 or do I need to uninstall first?

Comment

It will by default install into a new folder. Leaving both V5 and V6 installed.

Comment

Upgrade

We are planning to upgrade from 5 to 6 however two questions.

In the past we have found it very annoying that Zoom keeps wanting to write to new folders each time leaving two (or more) copies but the scheduled tasks and all the configs are pointing at the old version. For this reason we have always changed the default folder and installed it over the old one. Is this OK and secondly will we need to upgrade our config files ?

PHP 5 enterprise.

Thanks

Leo

Comment

You can install it over the old folder. But you may end up with some old files that are no longer used in the program folder (since you would also overwrite the old uninstall program which would remove unnecessary files for you if you were to properly uninstall first).

V6 can load in V5 config files. But V5 cannot load config files saved in V6.

If you have any custom scripts, it's worth noting that they won't be compatible with V6. You must use V6 scripts with the V6 package.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Let me ask another way, what i the best way to do an upgrade ensuring the configs and jobs that are currently in place remain and work ?

Thanks

Leo

Comment

I would personally recommend installing to a new folder and manually checking there's no problems with the old V5 configs in V6. Run a few manual indexes that way. And then change the scheduled jobs to use V6.

But as mentioned before, installing over the top of the old version should not be a problem in theory, but it's not something we have tested, and given the great number of differences in usage that's possible (you may have custom scripts set up, etc.) it's hard to guarantee what will or won't be an issue.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

It has worked for all the V5 updates so far and we don't have any custom scripts so we will try it for V6. Will V6 subversions update or is it still new installs every time ?

Regards

Leo

Comment

With minor updates (e.g. V6.0 build xxxx to V6.0 build yyyy; or V6.0 to V6.1), we expect you to install on top of the existing installation. This is the same with V6.
                    --Ray
                    Wrensoft Web Software
                    Sydney, Australia
                    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                    X