Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No search query entered

Hello,

I'm trying the free version of ZoomSearch, and I must say I'm impressed. However, there are a couple of things that I couldn't figure out. The first is, the font for the "Search for" text that appears on the default search page doesn't match the one that I'm using and couldn't find out where to change it. I think it comes from "STR_FORM_SEARCHFOR" in english.zlang. So I created my own search template, but when it's called, a "No search query entered" message appears at the bottom of the screen. If I enter a word and do a search, the results come up just fine; it's just the first time the page is called that that message appears. Am I missing something? So I guess that my question would be, where do I change the font for STR_FORM_SEARCHFOR or where does the "No search query entered" message comes from.

Thanks!
    Gabriel.

The following link to the FAQ has information on customizing the appearance of the search page with CSS:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/css.html

There is an example on the above page specifically for changing the search form text like "Search for:".

There is also more information in our comprehensive Users Guide at http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

You should not need to modify the ZLANG files in most cases, except if you wish to change the actual text messages being used (see chapter 6.2 in the Users Guide).

The "No search query entered" message appears when you have selected the "Do not generate" search form option in the configuration window, and no search query has been passed from an existing form. With the above information, you probably do not need to do this - but you can also modify the font of this message or remove it completely. Hope that helps.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X