PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A search finds the info but says it is in another category!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A search finds the info but says it is in another category!

I have a page (file) of information with a keyword MALFUNCTIONS, in a folder called PRINTING in a CATEGORY called PRINTING .
    I have categories called PRINTING and FUNCTIONS.

When I search for MALFUNCTIONS, the information is found but shows it is in the FUNCTIONS category!

The page (file) is not in FUNCTIONS nor is a duplicate!!!
    Changing the keyword to MALFUNCTION solves the problem but I obviously need the keyword MALFUNCTIONS and the folder has to be FUNCTIONS.

What can I do?

Do you have a URL to the search page in question, so we can see what you mean? It is a little confusing from your description alone. But from what I can gather, you're saying that a page that should belong to the "Printing" categories is appearing to be in the "Functions" category instead.

First of all, you should make sure you have re-uploaded all your files after indexing. This includes the zoom_cats.zdat and zoom_catpages.zdat files. If you allow Zoom to upload the files for you, it would ensure this automatically.

Next, you should check that this page was actually categorized in the "Printing" category you're expecting. Note that a file can only belong to one category, and that files are categorized in order of the categories setup in the Configuration window. This means that if you have a "Functions" category BEFORE "Printing", and the "Functions" category has a pattern which ALSO matches the page in question, then it would NOT be filed under the "Printing" category. This is explained in more detail in the Users Guide and Help file.

I don't believe the problem has anything to do with the name of the category or the keyword being searched for. When you say you changed the keyword to "malfunction" and it solved the problem, are you sure you got the same page of result back, but with a different category name? Or is it a different page all together?

If you still have a problem, zip up your search files and send them to us via email (see our Contact Us page for details).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

After much messing around, changing keywords words, changing category names and order, looking at the various settings available. I seem to have fixed it. Perhaps it was the order of the categories as you describe Raymond. I have 63 files on C: drive of my PC shared to the network so they're not uploaded anywhere. Thanks for the reply Raymond.

Comment

Working...
      X