Skipping HTTP 300 status code from being indexed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipping HTTP 300 status code from being indexed

Is there any way to prevent the Multiple Choices (HTTP 300) status code (or any other status code for that matter) from being indexed? I'd like to exclude these "results" from the search result listing.

Thanks!

A lot of the more common status codes are already being checked for and the pages skipped. e.g. 404, page not found, results in the page being skipped.

In most cases a 300 error means you have a broken link (or an almost broken link) and you need to fix your HTML code. But Zoom should flag this.

We'll have a look to see if we need to improve the behaviour for the next release.

-----
    David

Comment

Yeah, I noticed shortly after I posted that I still had a link to a file with a php extension even though I just recently renamed them all to have html file extensions. Once I renamed the link everything was fine. No problems here now, but as you say perhaps there is something that Zoom can do (maybe even a warning/error during indexing?).

Thanks

Comment

We've added indexer error messages for this and several other HTTP error codes in the upcoming new version (Version 4.1).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Sounds good, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X