Show time taken to perform searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show time taken to perform searches

The "Show time taken to perform searches" option is not being honored. I'm using CGI, and the "Search took X.XXs seconds" message shows up whether I have this option enabled or not. I re-indexed and re-uploaded both ways but I can't seem to get rid of that message.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Did you make sure to upload the "settings.zcfg" file after making the change and re-indexing? You must make sure it overwrites the older/existing file on your server.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Do you mean "settings.zdat" (as opposed to "settings.zcfg")?

If so, yes. I just tried it again now to confirm. It still displays the "Search took" message even though the option is turned off.

Similar general question: Does the MyProject.zcfg file need to be uploaded to the server as well?

Comment

Sorry, yes I did mean the "settings.zdat" file. And no, you do not need to upload your ZCFG file to the server.

You were right in your first post, there is a bug. The CGI version is mistakingly writing out the search time if you have "Show time taken... " disabled - but only if you also have search word logging enabled.

We'll correct this in the upcoming version 4.1 release. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ah yes, I do have logging enabled. Glad it helped, looking forward to the new version.

Comment

Working...
          X