Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuration problem?

Hi,

I've just changed my OS to XP pro. Unitl I did this everthing was hunky dory.

Having re-installed Zoom, I now get a dialogue box that says 'Check that the URL exists and satisfies the settings in the configuration window.'

In the coloured 'status' window of Zoom is a line that reads 'Could not download file. No active connection to internet. Check your connection and network settings.'

The following line reads 'No file found to spider from http://www.pmsuk.com/index.html'

I've told Norton Internet Security to permit Zoom to connect and given Zoom an exception in Windows security.

The website certainly exists and I have a stable broadband connection.

Anyone any thoughts?

Have you tried disabling the Windows XP Firewall??

Comment

XP SP2 has a number of new security features which are enabled by default so it is quite possible that your new network settings are not properly configured to allow Zoom access to the web. Can you access the same web page in Internet Explorer? Have you configured your proxy settings (under Control Panel -> Internet Options)?

Have you also tried disabling Norton Internet Security temporarily to see if it is another setting within the application which is blocking access?
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X