PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Zoom Index vBulleting Attachements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Zoom Index vBulleting Attachements?

I have not been able to get Zoom to index attachements that are in a thread or post. Is it not able to do this or am I doing something wrong? I currently use the latest version of 5.1 Enterprise.

Thanks

It should index it so long as the attachment links are actually available to the spider: that is, if you are indexing with the spider not logged in as a user, and the forum is setup such that attachments are not available to guest users, then it won't be able to access the file.

See this FAQ for more details on how to setup indexing for a forum:
    Q. How should I index my site if it features a message board, forum, or calendar and other similarly complex scripts?

Other reasons it is not indexing include: page skip list, robots.txt or robots meta, URL outside of base URL, etc.

Can you give us the actual skip message from the Indexer as to what is being reported for the attachment links you want to index? If you can give us a URL to the forum/link in question, we can take a closer look.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I found my problem. I had been through the Zoom docs and online help which is why I thought it was strange that it would not index the attachments. The problem was I save my attachments to the file system and the folder had a GPO on it that was hosing it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X