Infoline URL width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infoline URL width

The search results are too wide for the space provided on my page. I added a width value to some of the style sheet classes, but it does not seem to be working for the infoline -- the URL portion of the infoline isn't conforming to the width setting. Is there a way to wrap, or possibly truncate the URL in the infoline?

Thanks,
    Claire

See this past post on the issue of URL wrapping.

Comment

In the upcoming V6 release (beta release here), you can adjust the length of the URL displayed on the "Limits" tab.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Display results within table

Thanks -- I was able to get the URL to wrap, but it didn't solve my display problem after all. My page has a table on it that is 493 pixels wide -- the search results are supposed to display within the table, but they are not. I found other posts on the forum re: working with tables -- sorry to be dense, but I don't understand what I need to do to get the results to display in the table.

Comment

To put the search results in a table, you just edit the search_template.html file and put the <!--ZOOMSEARCH--> into a table. Like this,

Code:

<table>
            <tr>
             <td> 
             <h1>Website Search</h1> 
             <p>
             <!--ZOOMSEARCH-->
             </p>
            </td>
           </tr>
          </table>
          See also this FAQ
          Q. How do I customize the appearance of my search results with CSS?

Comment

ZoomSearch in table

The body of my Search_html page is already in a table and the <!zoomsearch> is in the body of the page. The search page looks fine, but the results are too wide -- why do they ignore the width of the table defined for the body of the page?

Comment

It might be a coding error in your HTML, or some other element you have placed in the table that can't wrap, like an image forcing a larger width than expected. We can't really comment more without seeing your page.

It should be fairly trivial to find HTML problems like this. For example, just get your HTML editor and remove stuff from your table and see how it effects the result.

Comment

Working...
              X