ASP code displaying on Search Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP code displaying on Search Page

I have put the code into one of the pages of my intranet. When I go to test it, pressing the submit button leads to just the raw code of the search.asp file. I have enabled ASP on my server as the FAQ said.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the code in my HTML
    Code:
    <form action="search.asp" method="get">
         <fieldset>
           <input name="zoom_query" type="text" id"s" style="width: 130px" /> 
           <input type="submit" value="Search" id="x" />
         </fieldset>
    </form>

See this FAQ
    Q. I've indexed the site, uploaded the files, but I only see the search script code when I open the search page in my browser (or get a prompt asking if i want to download it)

See also these past posts.
    Beginners Question - ASP code showing in browser
    ASP version results in text of source code

In short, if you are seeing ASP source code, ASP is not correctly installed on the server.

Comment

I have gone into the server in IIS, enabled ASP, even made sure it wasn't ASP.NET that i was enabling. The same thing even happens when I try and use the java script version. Here are some screen shots.

Comment

Figured everything out. Didn't put in the right Base URL when indexing. Thanks for the links.

Comment

Glad you worked it out. But just to clarify for anyone else, the problem in the screenshots is not related to the base URL.

In the screenshots, you are using the JavaScript version, and you are opening and linking your form action to "search.js". This is incorrect.

You should be opening and linking your form to "search.html".

This is explained in the Users Guide (see the "Files required" chapter for Javascript).
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X