program shuts down when indexing starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• program shuts down when indexing starts

First I noticed that sheduled runs had stopped. But when I try to run it manually, the indexer runs for about half a second then the whole program shuts down.

No settings have been changed since the initial installation 18 months ago. I'm guessing a Windows update blew away some dll, and now the program needs to be reinstalled. Am open to better guesses before I do this.

What version of Windows and Zoom are you using?

You should turn on Verbose Mode and "Save index log to file" for the ZCFG config file you are using for that scheduled task. This involves loading up the ZCFG file, turning on Verbose, going to Configure->"Index log"->"Save index log to file" (also check "Debug mode" if you suspect it is crashing), and saving your changes. This will create a log file which you can send us, and we would be able to see exactly where it shuts down.

You should check the log too, there might be an error message stating clearly why it stopped. For example, the directory it is writing to has had its permissions changed and Zoom no longer has access to read/write to it.

Other things to tell us include any antivirus/security programs you are using. They might be blocking internet access and Zoom terminated when it realized it couldn't access the network for Spider Mode.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

If you are using an old release of Zoom, check to see if it is this old problem with DEP settings.

Comment

Working...
      X