Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search button text

Hello there,

I have changed my submit button to an image button. I want my button to only show the .gif, but I can't seem to get rid of the word "submit".

I read in another post that I can change the zlang file:

STR_FORM_SEARCHFOR=Search for:
    STR_FORM_SUBMIT_BUTTON=Submit
    STR_FORM_RESULTS_PER_PAGE=Results per page:
    STR_FORM_CATEGORY=Category:
    STR_FORM_CATEGORY_ALL=All
    STR_FORM_MATCH=Match:
    STR_FORM_ANY_SEARCH_WORDS=any search words
    STR_FORM_ALL_SEARCH_WORDS=all search words
    ...etc.

The thing is I dont need to change the word, I need to get rid of it all together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Erika
    Last edited by erika_d; Sep-18-2008, 06:51 PM.

You can leave it blank in the ZLANG file, like so:

STR_FORM_SUBMIT_BUTTON=
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

it didn't work :-/

I tried to edit the file. I left it blank, like you advised, but that seemed to break my search page. The entire button went missing and the search engine stopped working.

Hmmm.... Is there a proper way to edit/save over the lang file? I opened it up in dreamweaver, deleted the "submit" text and saved over it.

Comment

solution on forum

I had a similar problem and got it resolved here on the forum. It involved a change in the form properties, something like the name or the value attribute. Sorry can't link you to the thread because I'm writing from my iPhone but search forum for my posts and you'll find the details you need.

A.

Comment

Originally posted by erika_d View Post
          I tried to edit the file. I left it blank, like you advised, but that seemed to break my search page. The entire button went missing and the search engine stopped working.

Hmmm.... Is there a proper way to edit/save over the lang file? I opened it up in dreamweaver, deleted the "submit" text and saved over it.
          The proper way is using Notepad. Or rather, from the Configuration window, Languages tab, click "New file" to create your own ZLANG file based on the currently selected. It will also open the file up in Notepad for you to edit.

(Note: if you are using Vista, you are likely to run into permission issues. You should launch Notepad as administrator (right click and select "Run as administrator"), and open the file manually).

Technically, you can use any text editor which opens and saves in UTF-16 (Unicode). I'm not sure how Dreamweaver would edit it but there's a chance it'll mess it up.

I just tried it and it worked fine in both PHP and ASP. Although the Indexer did issue an error saying the ZLANG file was missing an entry. And I just tried it in the CGI version and it failed there. D'oh ... that trick used to work.

Well, instead of leaving it blank, try replacing "Submit" with " " (the HTML entity for a non-breaking space character). That'd be:

STR_FORM_SUBMIT_BUTTON= 

That should work provided you save the ZLANG file correctly et al. Let us know if you still have trouble.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X