corrupted ppt or pdf stops the indexer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corrupted ppt or pdf stops the indexer

The indexer stops working when met with a few corrupted ppts or pdfs. It usually give an error message "ppt plugin failed, file not scanned" to the first tens or even hundreds of corrupted files, and then continue to the next file. But eventually it will always stop at processing a corrupted ppt or pdf, and the stop indexing and pause indexing are both not responding.

Can you tell us which version and build of Zoom you are using.

Have you confirmed that these files are corrupted? If so, perhaps you should be skipping them from indexing all together by adding them to the Skip Page list.

When this happens, can you open up Task Manager and tell us whether you see the plugin is still running ("ppthtml.exe" or "pdftotext.exe") and how much CPU it is using. We are not aware of any crash bugs with the PPT and PDF plugin at present, but it is always possible when corrupted files are in question.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

ppthtml.exe was running and using 50% cpu when the indexer stopped, this time it stopped at processing a corrupted ppt file.

Comment

E-mail us the PPT file that it crashed on. You've neglected to answer my other questions regarding version/build. I presume there's no way of skipping the corrupted files? It might help to have some context to the problem - if they are corrupted, why do you want to scan them?
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I am using V5.1 build 1017 enterprise edition. I also tried V6 alpha 5 and had the same problem except V6 gave an error message but V5 did not. I am cleaning up the corrupted files myself, but at the same time I want to report this issue as I thought there might be a software bug. I cannot email the file to you.

Comment

It might be a bug, but without a copy of the corrupted PDF file, there is little hope we can reproduce and fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X