Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners Question - ASP code showing in browser

Hello,

I am new to using zoom search so please bare with me. I have an intranet which has been created and I want to use zoom search to search my storage servers which are on seperate computers to the intranet.

I indexed the sotrage computers and then directed the output file to a folder called Search on my intranet server. The zoom files where created. I then read the userguide and it said to start using the search you sipmly load search.asp into your browser. I did this and all it did was show me the code from search.asp.
    When I load the search_template the search field is not there.

I then noticed on the userguide there was a part that said enter this code into the searh_template.htm :

<form method="GET" action="search.asp">
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="20">
    <input type="submit" value="Search">
    Results per page:
    <select name="zoom_per_page">
    <option selected>10</option>
    <option >20</option>
    <option >100</option>
    </select>
    <br><br>
    Match:
    <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="0" checked>
    any search words
    <input type="radio" name="zoom_and" value="1">
    all search words
    </form>

I then loaded the search_template and was given a search bar to use. I entered a simple search called "test" and all i got given was the code from search.asp?

Can any one help?

I have IIS on my machine so I dont know why the page is not loading?

Comment

If you are seeing ASP code in the browser then the server is not executing the ASP code. Have you checked your IIS configuration? (Or contacted the hosting company / server admin person)

Comment

Its an intranet and I am the Admin of the server that runs IIS. I have just gone into the IIS options and ASP is Allowed on the Webservice Extensions tab

Comment

Make a simple ASP "hello world" script.
          <% Response.Write("Hello World!") %>
          and place it in the same folder as the search.asp script and see if it works.

Comment

If you're using IIS 7, you need to enable and install "Classic ASP". ASP.NET is not the same as ASP. Consult Microsoft documentation for help on configuring your IIS server.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Im using IIS6, I keep getting the prompt to download the search.asp script. ASP is definately enabled :

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=54033998lr5.jpg

Comment

Your screen shot of the IIS configuration shows ASP to be prohibited. But ASP.NET to be allowed.
                As Ray already pointed out ASP is not the same as ASP.NET.

Comment

Even with "Active Server Pages" AND "ASP.Net" enabled the same problem occurs

Comment

As pointed out, what you are describing indicates very clearly that ASP is not correctly enabled or configured on your server.

The only other possibility is if you are not accessing your Intranet web server at all and you are accessing the server via a local file path.

For example, to access your web server, you should be using a URL like:
                    http://myserver/mysite/search.asp

And not a path like
                    \\myserver\mysite\search.asp

The latter would not be accessing the web server at all, and you'd be accessing the file via the file system.

Having said that, if it's not the above, then I would recommend consulting IIS documentation to see what has gone wrong with your IIS setup and configuration.
                    --Ray
                    Wrensoft Web Software
                    Sydney, Australia
                    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Another tip: try restarting the machine after you change IIS configuration.
                      --Ray
                      Wrensoft Web Software
                      Sydney, Australia
                      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the help Ray, problem fixed! the Base Url i was using was wrong, Thanks again Ray

Comment

Working...
                        X