results page in my template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• results page in my template

my includes on my custom asp template page do not show up.. when i post results to it.. works when directly access it.. any suggestions?
    Last edited by cwfontan; Aug-26-2008, 07:45 PM.

also on previous search i created the pdf results had a URL with the http://url.myfile.pdf#search="keyword" how do i turn that on in my new search... i actually used the same config file just tweaked it..

Comment

My guess would be that you posting results to the wrong file. But it is hard to know without more details (e.g. the URL of your search function, and the search form your are using)

For PDF highlighting, you can turn on this option from the Scan options tab in Zoom. Select .PDF, click configure, check highlighting. See also this FAQ on highlighting.

Comment

i am posting to search.asp from a custom form using "get" just like the how to states. I set the template in the settings.asp to my own template asp page.. it has a navigation menu include. <!--#include file="../src/sidebar.inc.asp"--> that doesnt work

Comment

ok i got it.. i put the include for my navigation in the SEARCH.asp file instead of my template.. all is working..

Comment

Originally posted by cwfontan View Post
            I set the template in the settings.asp to my own template asp page.. it has a navigation menu include. <!--#include file="../src/sidebar.inc.asp"--> that doesnt work
            Do not modify the "settings.asp" file!

I don't know how much clearer we can make this. The file itself contains this at the very top:

// WARNING: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE.
            // This file is automatically generated by the Zoom Indexer application
            // and will be updated each time you re-index your site. You should make all
            // setting changes directly from the Indexer, via the Configuration window.
            Changing the settings file to point to your ASP template page will NOT work. The script only supports HTML templates.

The proper method of using SSI or server-side scripting on your search page is documented here:
            Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X