Outputting results to a email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outputting results to a email?

I'm using Coldfusion to allow visitors to ask questions of our club. I'd like to find a way to search text that is entered and suggest links if those words are found.

I'm using Zoom to allow users to search the site in general, but wanted to see if something like this was possible??

Thanks!

Take a look at the Recommended Links feature. It is chapter 2.2.11 in the Users Guide.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Not sure I follow you. If I set up 'recommended links' won't that just work off the main search page?

If users enter, for example, their contact info, and a question that then gets passed to server-side processing and emailed out, I would like to be able to search the text they enter, and based on what they type, search for links that might help answer their question.

Comment

Zoom doesn't send E-Mail, nor parse E-mails on the fly for keywords. So you would need to write custom code to do this I think.

Comment

Sorry wingnut, ... was that always the title for this thread? Did you edit it after your initial post? Or maybe I'm just a bit blind and completely missed the title. I might have only read the message content, seeing as there's no mention of "e-mails" in the body of your original post. It seemed like you were just asking about offering search suggestions.

So no, Zoom won't send e-mails. And I must say this is a very unusual feature to expect of a search engine.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X