Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Search Form and Search Results

Hi,

I am now in my final stage of trying to add the form into my website with my own custom search result page.

My result page is at http://www.mysite.com/search1.php (let said)

If I am not intepretated wrongly, I need to add in all details in file search_template.html into my custom search result page "search1.php". I can't find where to change the path in zoom search script search.php. Is it possible to search_template.html format to php?

The problem I am facing are all my webpages are linked using php code such as :
    include("myfile.php")

if using html format, is not going to work.

Thanks

You should not need to customise our search script on add in your existing code.
    You should not need to rename the search_template.html (and it won't do you any good even if you did rename it).

Instead if you want to include your own PHP code on the search results page, you should use the procedure in this FAQ.
    Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template?

Comment

Thanks wrensoft, it worked perfectly.

Also,

1) I also want to integrate google custom search results along with zoom search? Can I do that? I realised that for zoom search, it use search query "zoom_query" but for google they use "q". How do I combine both together?

2) It there anyway to district the number of results display? Currently, it shown as default as 10 listing, but I am thinking to district it to 5 insteads.

3) Finally, am I under obligation to display the link "search powered by zoom search engine" at the bottom of the page? Can I take that link out? if so, how?

Thanks

Comment

1) Not sure what you mean by integrating the two sets of results. Can you describe what you are expecting to see? "Integrating" is pretty vague. Do you want the results side by side on the same page (or one above the other), or do you want them to be all mixed up together somehow? The latter is obviously not very sensible, there needs to be some way to decide which #1 result appears first, etc. and there's really no obvious method to do this.

If you want the two sets of results on the same page, what you are expecting to do is really accumulating search results from two different search engines. This is what the OpenSearch platform is for. Zoom can provide OpenSearch compatible results with its XML option (available for the CGI version). I suggest reading up on OpenSearch if you are serious about this.

2) See this previous discussion thread:
        http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771

3) You can turn this info line off. The option is on the "Search Page" tab of the Configuration window.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X