Need Help on Search Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on Search Template

Hi all, My website platform is ASP .Net 2.0, i'm using masterpages for my developments. i used CGI indexing. Everything is working perfect. My problem is, i'm using multiple skins in my website (Multiple masterpages) i don't want to use the search_template.html (because, whenever i want to modify my masterpages, i need to change the search_template.html also, i don't want to do a same work twice

kindly help me out........

Are you using an ASP.NET search page to embed the CGI as described in this FAQ?
    Q. How do I create an ASP.NET (or ASPX) search page?

If so, the layout of your search page would be controlled by the ASPX wrapper page in question, which can thus be using the same masterpages as the rest of your site. This way, you do not depend on the search_template.html page for the layout (you can leave this relatively minimal or even blank). See the FAQ above for more details.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Dear Raymond, asp .net wrapper is not a problem. it's working fine with my masterpages. My issue is, when i click sort by date / Page No. etc in the search.aspx, it's pointing to search.cgi, which is using the search_Template.html, other than this everything is perfect in wrapper.

Comment

You're likely missing this step from the above FAQ:

Specify the "LinkBack URL" setting in the indexer configuration window (under the "Advanced" tab). This will allow links generated by the CGI (eg. for "Next page of results", etc.) to point to the file where you have pasted the above code, rather than the CGI itself. For example, if you have included the above code in "mysearch.aspx", then you should specify "mysearch.aspx" as your LinkBack URL.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank You very much Raymond. It's working fine.

Comment

Working...
          X