No announcement yet.

Getting recommended links info (export)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting recommended links info (export)

My config file became corrupt and the information within the recommended links is corrupt also.

I believe the corruption came from FTPing copies for backup, then retrieving them. It is likely that the transfers we made using BINARY since the FTP program did not recognize the file to be asci.

Is there a way to extract this information from the .zdat files? Otherwise I have to rebuild the recommended links, and that would be a major pain.

Thanks,
    Cy

The ZCFG file is a text file in double-byte (UTF-16) so it can be viewed in any capable text editor. However, if you are not familiar with the file format, be careful with editing this. If you have attempted this in the past, it is possible that this was how the file was corrupted in the first place.

It is unlikely you would have corrupted the file using FTP BINARY transfer, as BINARY mode does not alter the file. It is only possible to corrupt files using ASCII mode.

It is good practice to back up your files before editing them in external programs or moving them around. If you have a long Recommended Links list, you can also import/export them from a text file, and manage them externally.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X