Help ontology and prolog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ontology and prolog

I need to build web search? like zoom indexer, using ontology and prolog.
    More detials, when I will search the web, I need to get more results for a given query with the help of ontology, search for subclass, superclass, and in the end should return me a link to web site.

Can anyone help me on this topic?

I had never heard of ontology until I did a Google search. It seems it is, "the most fundamental branch of metaphysics. Ontology is the study of being or existence and its basic categories and relationships".

I know what Prolog is however. I wrote some Prolog code about 22 year ago. I thought it had died as a programming language shortly after.

The fact that you have to Prolog makes me think that this must be your homework. As only some old University lecturer would suggest using something so redundant and old as Prolog. As we don't do homework here (nor do we do Prolog).

Comment

Dear Admin,

I have one question?

I have ontology and prolog file, but I need to include the prolog file to one of the files that are generated automatically by zoom indexer?

Comment

If you haven't already guessed, we have no idea what ontology and prolog files are in this context. And so don't know what you should be doing with them.

So you'll need to elaborate on your description of the problem before we can offer any suggestions.

Comment

Description,

1. I have ontology and I load this ontology on prolog as triples, than I query this ontology with prolog.
          2. I need to get the input from the search.html file and according to this word, to query the ontology from prolog file (.pl) and than I will get answer according to my queries that i have implemeted with prolog, which it will return me more words that are related to this word, therefore the query it will be more precise.

3. And finally I will have more words, this words I want to post them and zoom indexer will return me a number of links.

Thanks for understanding if there is something that you dont understand, I can exaplain it one more time. this it will be goog thing also for you.

Comment

1) What is an ontology?
            2) When you are talking about prolog, are you referring to Prolog, the old programming language? If so, why do you think we know anything about Prolog programming?
            3) Is this your assignment for some University course that hasn't updated their course material for 20 years, and moved on from Prolog?

Comment

1. I mean by ontology, OWL file.
              2. I dont need your help about prolog, I have done it, everthing is alright.

What I need from you is to tell me how can I include the prolog file to search file in order to communicate with each other these two files as I described above?

I know one way, but I am asking you for a better solution?

Comment

It's still not completely clear what you are asking for. I think you want to implement a search function in Prolog, which will search and return OWL files?

We do not provide a Prolog version of the search function. We do however, provide XML output for the CGI version (which is a C++ compiled binary). Perhaps you can parse the XML output from Prolog? See chapter 2.10 in the Users Guide for more information. The format is OpenSearch compliant, so you can also look that up if you need more details for the output format.

I presume English is not your first language, but it is quite difficult to understand your post with what little information you are giving (you mention you "know one way" to do what you are asking for... what is that one way? If you elaborate, we might have a better idea what you are trying to do).

I can only hope that my interpretation have been remotely close to what you're asking, and the above response is helpful to you.
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

OK, let me describe you everything from the beginning.

1. I have ontology, which is owl file in XML format, in this owl file I have information about institution.

2. I load this owl file as rdf triples(object, subject, predicate) in prolog file (.pl) and I can query on this owl file "by literal and etc".

3. Next step is to include prolog file (.pl) to html page or javascript file, which I can be able to get the input from search.html file and put it to prolog file. (I have implemented queries in prolog)

Now let me give you one small example:
                  I have search.html file that is generated by zoom indexer, I type "PC" in the input field. In my ontology I have "PC" as class name, this class is related to hardware class and software class, they are subclasses of PC, so with the help of prolog, I will query the rdf(triples) with "pc" Text and it will return me the words "Hardware and Software" therefore I will get more words. Than the final task is to put back those words in search.html file, in order to query the index file that is generated by zoom indexer. As conclusion, the web search it will become more intelligent.

I dont need any help for prolog or anything else, I need to tell me how can I include prolog file to search.html or javascript file.

Comment

We don't know anything about current day Prolog. When I last looked at Prolog, HTML and Javascript had not been invented. So we don't know how to combine them.

(and we still don't really know what an ontology or a OWL file is)

I suggest you study what Ray suggested about calling the CGI to get XML format search results.

Comment

Thanks Wrensoft,

Regarding to Ontology or OWL you dont need to know, but if you insist I can explain.

Comment

I won't insist.

Comment

Working...
                        X