PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZOOMIMAGE code added, re-indexed, image not showing up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOMIMAGE code added, re-indexed, image not showing up?

I am really excited about your product. I am working through configuration options and love the Recommended links. I set up several recommended links and have a question. If a page shows up in the recommended links, will it also appear in the "organic" list? My page is not showing up in both locations. Is there some option in the configuration to allow it to show up in both locations?

I added the ZOOMIMAGE code to the header of a page and uploaded the page, uploaded the image, tried both absolute and relative paths to the image, checked the [ ] image box on the results tab in the configuration and am still not seeing the image. Is there a step I am missing? We only want to assign images to about a dozen key pages to help them stand out in the results.

We set up the site 7 years ago, before we knew about seo and accessibility and now need to go back and add individual page titles and meta description tags (and perhaps page date). While we have each page open to make these changes, are there other similar changes we should consider to make them more Zoom and Google friendly?

Thanks for your help. Once I get this working well, I plan to sing the praises of your software to my online group of web designers.

P.S. I found you through a link on Project Seven

Originally posted by cjparsons View Post
    If a page shows up in the recommended links, will it also appear in the "organic" list? My page is not showing up in both locations. Is there some option in the configuration to allow it to show up in both locations?
    Pages that show up in the recommended list can show up in the organic results, provided the page in question was indexed, and it contains the word(s) you are searching for.

Adding a page to the Recommended List will not automatically index the page. So you should first make sure that the page is actually indexed (is it linked from the part of your website you are indexing? Perhaps you need to add it as an extra start point).

This may also be of help:
    Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?

I added the ZOOMIMAGE code to the header of a page and uploaded the page, uploaded the image, tried both absolute and relative paths to the image, checked the [ ] image box on the results tab in the configuration and am still not seeing the image. Is there a step I am missing? We only want to assign images to about a dozen key pages to help them stand out in the results.
    If you have only just added the ZOOMIMAGE meta tag, make sure you check the option to "Reload all files (do not use cache)" on the "General" tab of the Configuration window. Otherwise, you might be indexing from a cached copy of the webpage, and Zoom is not seeing your new meta tags.

More information here:
    Q. How do I associate images with my search results?

We set up the site 7 years ago, before we knew about seo and accessibility and now need to go back and add individual page titles and meta description tags (and perhaps page date). While we have each page open to make these changes, are there other similar changes we should consider to make them more Zoom and Google friendly?
    Well all of those things mentioned above will help. But these FAQs should also be of interest:
    Q. How do I prevent parts of my webpage from being indexed (eg. exclude navigation menus, or page footers)?
    Q. How can I add internal keywords that will not be indexed by external search engines?

If you have JavaScript or Flash-based navigation, you should see these items:

Q. Why are links in my Javascript menus being skipped?
    Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

Chapter 7.7 in the Users Guide tells you how to specify meta last-modified dates.

Thanks for your help. Once I get this working well, I plan to sing the praises of your software to my online group of web designers.
    Cheers. Hope the above was of help!
    Last edited by Ray; Aug-06-2008, 05:33 AM.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

thanks!

Thanks for the quick response - the images are working now!

Comment

Working...
      X