Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening of search results

Hello there,

Is (or will) it (be) possible to differentiate in the way search results are opened?
    For instance: links to html or asp (or php) pages should open in the same window as the results page, but pdf/doc/ppt/xls files should open in a new window.

There is currently no built-in feature to automatically open certain file types in a new window, and other file types in the same window. You can simply select a single method to open all search results in the "Search Page" tab of the Configuration window.

However, you can make the necessary changes in the script to do so if you are familiar with the scripting language being used (except for the CGI version which can not be modified because it is a compiled binary).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

hi

in one of my topics that i opened, i had the same "problem" as u
      i modified the php file from the search results script

maybe u can take a look at it, and get ideas on how i did it and then make it for yourself (i figure u make it in ASP)

*please note that modifying the script(s) is at own risk and me nor wrensoft can be held resposible
      If i think as i thought, i will do as i did and if i do what i did i will think as i thought....

Comment

I would like to do this also. I run ASP, so if someone figures it out, please post it.

Comment

Here is a link to the previous topic which covered similar issues
          http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106

This previous topic had some source code in it, but we have never tested any of it.

This is one of the features we will be considering for inclusion in V5 of Zoom. But V5 is probably still 6 months away. (we are still working on testing V4.1 at the moment).

------
          David

Comment

Working...
          X