Installation problem - FTP file path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation problem - FTP file path

I downloaded Zoom Search. The wizard asked me for my website's URL, I entered it and it automatically indexed my files and put them in a folder I created called "zoomsearch" and placed it in my website folder.

Then the wizard asked me for the FTP address, user ID and password, all of which I have. It also asks me for the path for these files to be uploaded to on my FTP site. Every time I try a location, I get an error message. I can;t figure out what the file path is to get these files uploaded. I'm sure I'm missing something easy, but to me this is not easy. anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Have you used FTP before? Do you have another FTP program which you normally use to connect to your FTP server?

If you answer yes to the above, you should be able to determine the remote folder/path that you need to upload the files to. Every server is different, so we can't give you a definitive answer. Some servers, for example, expect all web hosted files to be under a "public_html" folder. In that case, if my search files are to be hosted under a "search" subdirectory on my website (e.g. i want it accessible via the URL "http://www.mysite.com/search/search.php"), then I would be uploading files to "public_html/search/".

There are also some additional tips in the Users Guide (chapter 2.4) and the Help file.

If you have not used FTP before and are unfamiliar with remote file paths for your web server, consult your web host for information, and also check online tutorials on using FTP (google for "FTP tutorials").
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X