Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cgi and mac support

Hi,
    I would like to ask you if there is a mac compatible version for the cgi script.
    Are there any plans to release a mac compatible version for the cgi?

Thank you

We have previously made OSX builds of the CGI, but due to lack of demand, this is not frequently updated nor included as part of the normal package.

First thing we should confirm is whether you need this. Note that you would only need the CGI built for OSX if you are hosting your web site on a Mac web server. It will not allow you to run the Indexer on a Mac.

Another possibility is if you want to host a CGI search function on a CD/DVD (instead of JavaScript), and you need this CD/DVD to run on Mac computers. This is more common, and because of this, the OSX CGI is included in the FlyingAnt package.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thank you Ray for your quick reply.
      Yes, I definitely need it, even a previous version would be ok for me.
      I don't care about the indexer, I am using a windows machine to index.
      I need however the cgi version to run the script in my server, running in OSX.

For 2 years I am a registered enterprise user of Zoom Search Engine.
      I am using it in a localhost, to search inside my database of books.
      As long as I have recently moved into a MacBook, it is necessary for me to be able to use Zoom Search Engine in OSX .

Thank you for your support

Comment

Check out the FlyingAnt download (follow link above and click "Free download"). You'd want the "Content only" ZIP file. Under "Website\zoom", you'll find a "search_osx.cgi".
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I tried this,and it works excellent.
          Thank you for your support

Comment

Working...
          X