No announcement yet.

Zoom 5.1 refuses to index images (jpg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom 5.1 refuses to index images (jpg)

Hello Wrensoft!

I'm using Zoom V5.1 with the image plugin installed, but for the life of me I can't get the program to index images.

Correction - it does index the images when I press Start Indexing, but the filenames refuse to show up in the results on my websites.

I've added the JPG extension under Scan Options and selected "Filename" under Indexing Options.

My images don't have any information other than very descriptive filenames, and I would like people to be able to search for them via their filenames.

Could you please take a look and offer some advice? I've read everything in the FAQ and help files and tried everything I can think of.

Thank you

My website:

www.inKrakow.net

Your filenames look like the following:
    "july-4-krakow-barbakan-master.jpg"

However, by default, you have hyphens enabled to join words together (this setting is on the "Indexing Options" tab of the Configuration window). This means that the above is considered a single word, and you will only find it if you search for "july-4-krakow-barbakan-master.jpg" exactly.

If you want Zoom to breakup a filename like the above so that individual words like "krakow", "barbakan" and "master" can be matched, you need to uncheck Hyphens from joining words together (you will need to reindex for this to take effect). You will probably want to disable Dots from joining words as well.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

By Jove! I can't believe I didn't catch something so simple!

Thank you for the lightning fast reply!

Comment

Working...
      X