Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoomword / spelling suggestions

I have a page related to colour options

I want to direct customers to this page when they type in, say, "purple" but I don't want the text on the page.

I've put the names of the colours into meta zoomwords a couple of times so it should show up fairly high in the page rankings

In fact, a search for "purple" doesn't find a page at all.

It's as if Zoomwords is being totally ignored when indexing - is there a switch I need to set?

We have some special trade terms which are often misspelt. Can I edit the spelling suggestions directory to offer alternatives for these words?

For example "Corian" is misspelt as "Corean" but the alternative spelling offered is "core" which is of no use.

I agree, the one thing I miss from the search engine that Zoom replaced for us was a editable list of word synonyms. This allowed us to reroute searches for wierd things like product names that people frequently mistypes to the correct name. We also support a US/UK audience, all english speaking but still will separate spellings of the same terms.
    Mark Gallagher

Comment

It's as if Zoomwords is being totally ignored when indexing - is there a switch I need to set?
      You'll need to have "Index keywords" enabled in the "Index Options" of the configuration window. Also, check if you have specified the ZOOMWORDS meta tag correctly. It would need to be within the <head></head> tags (if there is one). Send us a URL to the page if you still have trouble.

As for manually modifying the spelling suggestions, this is not possible in the current version. You can only specify alternate spellings as ZOOMWORDS or meta keywords. We have plans to improve the spelling suggestion algorithm in Version 4.1 to achieve better results.

We have also considered providing an option for users to specify synonyms, and this may be a Version 5.0 feature (depending on demand).
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Ray,

Still can't get it to work

URL is www.decraltd.co.uk/colours.htm

Comment

You have some broken HTML on that page, at the top before your meta tags, you have this comment:

Code:
          <!--optimised for MSN & laminate & Formica--!>
          Note that a HTML comment must be closed with "-->", NOT "--!>"

This caused everything following this comment, up to the next "-->" tag (which is halfway down the page) to be commented out. This includes of course, the meta description, keywords and zoomwords tags you were looking for.

Fix the close tag for that comment, re-index the site, and it should work fine.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray, that's fixed it

Comment

Working...
            X