Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I validate the zoom_query in html 4.01 STRICT

Hi,
    I am having problems validating my site to my normal html doctype, I use 4.01 STRICT.
    I have had to take a step backwards and change my site to 4.01 transitional.
    What I mean by 'validating' is to validate the HTML to 4.01 STRICT together with the WAI automated validation services, hence the 'label' problem.
    With no label the page fails on the WAI issue, no matter what doctype is used.
    I myself am disabled hence the reason for the WAI standard, I use a keyboard most of the time.

At present the search box code is simple, it is:
    <input type="text" name="zoom_query" size="14">

What I need is:
    <label for="zoom_query"><input type="text" id="zoom_query" size="14" alt="zoom_query"></label>

This label only works with the 'id' attribute, it won't work with the 'name' attribute.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I need to change the (name="zoom_query") to (id="zoom_query") so a search can be made from the search box, ie on the top of each page.
    Site is:
    http://www.paintingsandprints2.co.uk

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

David.
    Last edited by DPainterMan; Jun-22-2008, 07:48 PM. Reason: To try and make it more understandable.

Hi David,

I think you should consider creating your own search form as described in this FAQ:
    Q. How do I put search forms on pages besides the search page? (Or define my own search form?)

You can disable the automatically generated search form, and create your own on the search_template.html page. You can then specify any additional HTML tags as necessary.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X