Zoom censorship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom censorship?

my zoom appears to ignore the f word. Since I am indexing a slang dictionary this is a disservice to users. Presuming I am correct, is there a way to change this?
    Alec

No this is not correct. We don't filter any words except those which the end user placed into the skip list (in the Zoom configuration window). The default skip list only contains a few words like, "and, or, the, it, is..."

There must be some other reason.

Comment

A brief list of possible reasons why a word might not be indexed:

- It is in your Skip Word list
      - It is on a page that is not indexed
      - It is on a part of a page that is not indexed (e.g. Javascript, ZOOMSTOP ... ZOOMRESTART tags, etc.)

If you can give us a link to the page in question, we can confirm the cause.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hmm... perhaps it is in a part of the page not being indexed. Could quotation marks make a difference?
        The site is not live yet. If the problem persists I will ask advice again when I do go online
        Thanks
        Alec

Comment

You can e-mail us the page if you want us to take a look.

Quotation marks may make a difference if you're referring to the apostrophe character (sometimes used as a single quote), and you have it enabled for joining words. But we can merely make guesses given the information we have from your posts.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Quotation marks did indeed make the difference, though changing the linking did not affect whether it was indexed or not. I will follow up when I go live.
            thanks for your assistance thus far
            Alec

Comment

Working...
            X