Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZoomIndexer.exe disappeared from install folder

Hi there,

The ZoomIndexer.exe file has mysteriously disappeared from the installation folder... I have absolutely no idea why, but it's certainly not there any more. Most peculiar!

I'd like to reinstall the software to get it back, but don't want to overwrite all my config settings/ftp settings/search template, which have been fiddled with quite a lot to get them exactly how I want them.

What I need to know is which files I should back up so I don't lose my current setup. I know settings.php, search.php and search_template.html will be some of them, but I don't know whether there's anything else I should do to make sure my current settings are duplicated exactly.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

I don't know why files have disappeared from your hard disk. Maybe a drag and drop file copy gone wrong, or a back / restore gone wrong, or an antivirus package detecting files as bad when it shouldn't. There could be dozens of reasons.

The only really important files (the ones that can't be quickly recreated and might be over written) are the Zoom configuration file (xxxxxxxx.zcfg) and maybe the language file (xxxxxxx.zlang). Zoom will re-create the settings.php file next time you index and your search_template.html should not be in the Zoom install folder and should thus not be overwritten.

Comment

When you re-install Zoom in the same folder, a prompt will appear asking if you want to overwrite the existing "zoom.zcfg" file. Make sure you say "No" to this.

As mentioned, the language files will be overwritten, so you should back them up if you have made changes (or better yet, rename them so they are different to the default files).
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

That's great, thanks for your help - everything worked fine.

Comment

Working...
        X