Internal Server Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Server Error

OK. I have tried for hours to figure this one out. I was working without error until I upgraded from Version 5.1.1013 to the newest Version 5.1.1016. I also have many .cgi scripts still running on the server...and in the same cgi-bin directory.

When I downloaded and installed the newer version, it told me it would overwrite my config settings. So, I don't know if it is giving me an Internal Server Error because of some new (different) setting.

Here is what I have checked so far (several times).

1. I completely removed all filed from my computer and the server.
    2. Reindexed and re-uploaded the files (using the built in FTP).
    3. All files were uploaded in the correct format.
    4. I have checked permissions.
    5. I am running linux (Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora) Server) and that is what I have selected as the platform.
    6. I am calling the search.cgi directly from the browser.

I am getting an Internal Server Error, and when I check my error files, I see two items.

1. search.cgi: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    2. Premature end of script headers: search.cgi

I am not sure why the script worked until I upgraded the software, and more importantly...what I can do to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

In in last patch release, 5.1.1016, we compiled the Linux CGI using a slightly newer version of Linux. As the newer versions are easier for us to use and maintain. We assumed / hoped this would not create any compatibility issues (I say hope, becuase we can't test on all possible distros and all versions of all distros, as there are too many). But maybe it has created an issue.

Do you know exactly which version of Fedora you are using? And if it is the 32bit release of 64bit release. Do you know if the Linux Library file, libstdc++.so.5, is in your /usr/lib/ folder in Linux?

A quick fix would be to revert to the 1013 version of the CGI if you have it. (but leave the indexer running at the 1016 patch level).

Comment

If you are getting this problem and you downloaded V5.1.1016 prior to the date of this post, then you should download it again from here, making sure to re-install from the new download.

The problem should now be fixed. Let us know if you continue to have any trouble with the latest build.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        If you are getting this problem and you downloaded V5.1.1016 prior to the date of this post, then you should download it again from here, making sure to re-install from the new download.

The problem should now be fixed. Let us know if you continue to have any trouble with the latest build.
        That did the trick!!! I came right up after the new download.

Comment

Working...
        X