Exclude a Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude a Page

How do I excluded our home page from being indexed?

http://www.tigerperformance.com/

Thanks...

Wanting to exclude your home page is a strange request as it is normally the most important page on any site.

Just add the meta robots tag to the page if you don't want it indexed. e.g.
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex">

Comment

thank you...

But - will adding this tag also tell the search engines (i.e., Google, Yahoo, etc.) to not index my home page?

I just want to exclude the home page from internal searches - it is set up to be mainly a page to be navigated away from - and it keeps appearing within the zoom search results very high up - well above the product pages I want to send them to..

Comment

Yes, it will effect most search engine.

If it is just a ranking issue, then de-boost your home page.
        <meta name="ZOOMPAGEBOOST" content="-5">

Comment

If you are using Spider Mode, and you want to start crawling from your home page (because it contains the most comprehensive links to the rest of your site), but you don't want its content to be indexed, then do this:

Assuming the abovementioned frontpage URL is your "Start Spider URL", click on "More". Now click on "Edit" and change the "Spidering options for this URL" to "Follow links only". Click "OK" and re-index.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
            If you are using Spider Mode, and you want to start crawling from your home page (because it contains the most comprehensive links to the rest of your site), but you don't want its content to be indexed, then do this:

Assuming the abovementioned frontpage URL is your "Start Spider URL", click on "More". Now click on "Edit" and change the "Spidering options for this URL" to "Follow links only". Click "OK" and re-index.
            thanks to all who helped out on this one!

All is well!

Comment

Working...
            X