feature request - date weighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feature request - date weighting

I post a lot of articles on security issues which slowly lose their value over time. I would like to add date since written (or uploaded whatever) as one of the factors considered in the search relevance.

I don't want to sort by date disregarding the keywords, description, header etc information used to produce the most relevant hits. I want date to be one of the relevant factors which could be adjusted up or down like other relevance factors.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's an interesting idea. We'll keep it in mind, especially if we hear from more people who are keen on this.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

I'd support this with enthusiasm! We have a number of sites that have events, news items or books/CDs that have dates. At the moment we are manipulating the ZoomPageBoost value based on a date-related algorithm in order to push more recent news or publications towards the top of the results based on the same search word. Having another weighting facility that understands dates (by inserting a ZoomDate value or another Zoom meta tag - and NOT just the date of the page creation, which is meaningless in database-driven sites) would be very helpful indeed.

Comment

Working...
      X