Link from search results not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link from search results not working

When I select a link in the results page, I see the timer icon for a second but no page opens. Any ideas ??

Is this on a web site or a CD? If it is a web site can you post the URL to the search function so that we can see the problem. When you hover over the link in IE, does the URL appear to be correct?

Could it be something silly, like you lost your internet conenction just before you clicked on a link?

Comment

I'm using the cgi front end demo on my laptop. The title of the search/results window is "Zoom CGI Front End Demo". It was working great, and then it stopped. When I click a link, are you instantiating IE with the url of the results link?

Comment

You can find out where the link points to by right-clicking on it and selecting "Copy shortcut" and pasting the result into a text window such as Notepad. Or better yet, paste it here in the forum and we can see if the URL for your link is particularly unusual.

Note potential security issues that IE might be blocking, if your CGI page (which would be running from an intranet zone) is trying to link to an external website (in the Internet zone). Internet Explorer can be a bit silly with how it handles such issues (you would think it make sense to popup a security message or something). Here's one example situation that you should look out for: if you are using MOTW on your pages - http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1256
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X