X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incremental Indexing

Hi:
    Just bought your Pro version Great

I am attempting to index the U.S. Forest Service as this is a very important website for our organization - Back Country Horsemen of America

Last night 3:00am for some reason I lost my DSL connection I estimate that we had about 1/2 the site indexed. When I lost the connection Zoom wrote out to file what it had completed which is great at least I didn't loose what was done so far. Now what? Can I somehow pick up where it left off to get the rest of the indexing?

Robert B

Depending on the site, and if it correctly sends date and time stamps, you can use the incrmental indexing function to add to an existing index.

From the Zoom menu,
    Index / Incremental index / Update existing index.

Zoom will still need to visit the pages already in the partial index (to see if they have changed since the last update) but it will only download files that appear new. Thus the importance of the site setting the date stamps correctly in the HTTP header.

Comment

Incremental Indexing

Hi
      Thank you for the timely reply. This is great... I love this software after suffering through other software -- this is the best thing to come along sense the invention of the bath tub.

Comment

We'll consider that as a new slogan ... thanks for the positive feedback!
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X