Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results in a new window

Just installed 5.1 and I love it!

One problem - Tried all 3 options to display the results in a new window (current, new window, frame or window)..

No changes in trying all 3 options - I would like the results to display within the page they submitted the search so they don't leave our site...

I have the search box located on all pages..

thanks in advance...

See this FAQ about opening new windows.

Comment

Originally posted by rdubill View Post
      I would like the results to display within the page they submitted the search so they don't leave our site...
      This is the default behaviour. I wonder if you are perhaps a little confused. What do you mean by "leaving your site"?

The Zoom search script runs on your server so the visitor would never be leaving your site as such from simply using the search engine.

The default layout of the search page however, is generic and a blank template with a simple heading "Search this site", etc. Do you simply mean that it looks different from the rest of your site, and it is without your header, footer, and navigation menus? If this is what you mean, you should be looking at modifying the template page to match the rest of your site. This is the "search_template.html" file (or "search.html" file for JS users). This is explained in detail in chapter 6 of the Users Guide:
      http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

The settings you were changing actually refers to what happens when you actually click on a link from your list of search results. Note carefully that the option is actually labelled as: "Clicking on a result will open in:" in the Configuration window.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X