Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want keywords to show in results

Hi I have searched and found nothing...
    I have highlighting of matched terms on and when a matched term is in the page body, it shows the context from the page body, which is fine.
    But when a matched term is a keyword, the results page shows all these ugly keywords, which I would rather not have.

To get rid of this what do I do? uncheck highlight matched terms?

Thanks for any help.

Richard.

First of all, the "highlight matched terms" setting only controls the "coloured" highlighting that occurs. That is, whether a word will be formatted differently (by default, a yellow background is given) for a matched word.

When an extraction of the page content appears in the search result, this is due to the "Context description" feature.

When the matched word is not found in the content of the page, and it was only found as a meta keyword, then the meta keyword will appear in the context description. If you wish to disable this, you will have to disable context descriptions all together (which also removes the ability to display the context from the page body).
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Ray,
      I thought this may be the case. I will remove the descriptions from results.

Cheers,

Richard

Comment

Working...
      X