No results page displayed on Fusebox 3.0 website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No results page displayed on Fusebox 3.0 website

I inherited a Fusebox 3.0 website that I've been tasked with remodeling and adding new info to. When I tried adding the Zoom Search Engine, I got the search query to show, but whenever I try to search for something, the site just goes back to the home page.

This is my test version of the site: http://www.lotusvacation.com
    The search function is the last link in the left column.

Going back to the home page is the default action the site takes when no 'fuseaction' is given.
    Does anyone know how to get the Zoom search to work with Fusebox?

The search page you have there, is not the search page generated by Zoom. It is either a modified version of our "search.php" or it is acting as a wrapper.

The page in question is here:
    http://www.lotusvacation.com/index.php?fuseaction=bc.search

Note first of all the URL, and the fact that it is "index.php", the same script which is generating the rest of the site.

We cannot tell from here what it is exactly doing, nor would we be debugging how a Fusebox site works. You'll have to look into how your CMS works.

But we can make some educated guesses. It is probably doing something similar to what's described in this FAQ:
    Q. How can I add server-side scripting (eg. PHP, ASP) to the search template

If this is the case, then the real search script is probably somewhere else on your site. We guessed some URLs and this might be it:
    http://www.lotusvacation.com/search/search.php

If this is all correct, you probably have to change the "Linkback URL" setting as described in the FAQ linked to above.

Hope that helps.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.

None of the files generated by the Zoom Search Engine have been modified; what's happening is more like the script being called by a wrapper. The pages of the site are created in a hierarchical fashion by modules (i.e. there's a php file for the layout that calls files for the header, the left/middle/right columns, and the footer) that are called via these 'fuseactions' which are mostly controlled by a switch statement in a core fusebox php file.

Unfortunately, I'm no coder so its been trial by fire for me. The link you posted seems to be what I need to do.

After I get this all working I'll have to figure out why the words "pop up description layer" are showing up in all the search results from http://www.lotusvacation.com/search/search.php. The words appear in a hidden div within the header of one of the highest level modules (a layout file).

Comment

Ok I tried out what was mentioned in the FAQ but it didn't quite work.
        It is accessed through the Search link in the Travel Tools. The search box shows up embedded in my search page (which is embedded in the middle column for the rest of the site), however when I actually search for something, no results show up and the page doesn't appear to be embedded in my own search page anymore.

On the other hand, if I link directly to the search script via the Search 2 link, then a new window shows up with the search box and it works correctly (with results being shown embedded in my own search page).

I think what I'm trying to do is create my own search page, which is itself contained in a wrapper, but the search page itself isn't 'aware' of the wrapper.

Comment

I think you've made some mistakes while attempting to follow the FAQ. I can't see exactly what's happening here, I'll have to point out, server-side scripting means the script code is only visible if you have FTP access to the web server. So unfortunately, I can't tell you what you've done wrong from the information available to me.

But it is evident that your attempt at a wrapper (dsp_search.php) is not successfully calling the actual search script. It almost looks like you just have a static search form there and no script was actually called?

There seems to be some confusion with paths. I just discovered you have a "dsp_search.php" file in both the root directory and in the "search" subfolder:
          http://www.lotusvacation.com/search/dsp_search.php
          http://www.lotusvacation.com/dsp_search.php

And you have your Linkback URL set to the former and not the latter. But the "Search" link on your site is linking to the latter and not the former.

Originally posted by barcibus View Post
          I think what I'm trying to do is create my own search page, which is itself contained in a wrapper, but the search page itself isn't 'aware' of the wrapper.
          The "Linkback URL" setting takes care of this. Make sure you have this set correctly.

Originally posted by barcibus View Post
          Unfortunately, I'm no coder so its been trial by fire for me.
          I must point out that what you are trying to do is work on a "FuseBox" site, which according to fusebox.org, is a framework for coding ColdFusion and PHP applications. In other words, it is designed for coders, and working on such a site would require a coder. It does not seem to be designed for a non-coder (see "What is Fusebox?" on their website).

The information we have provided allows someone who is familiar with server-side scripting to integrate the search with a server-side scripted site. We are unable to provide coding lessons, and would suggest, given the complexity of the "FuseBox" framework you are using, that you find someone who is a coder, to attempt this.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X