Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice required - Excel database site

Hi
    Just downloaded V5 as an extension to Dreamweaver MX. Fantastic addon!!

Before I go and make many mistakes and get knowhere I was hopping for a little advice to start me off using Wrensoft.

I have a database on Excel that I want to upload to the web.I want to use the wrensoft search facility to search that database.

What method would be best to use for the search to work best. what format and structure to put the database in.

What I would like is the database to be in one file stored on the web and the search to bring out each result but each result to have it's own page even though they started from the same page of data.

Any advice would be great.

Mark

I have a database on Excel
    Regardless of if you are using Zoom or not, Excel isn't the best product for building a database. Microsoft Access, MS-SQL, MySql or similar products would be a better choice.

It is hard to give good advice without knowing your level of technical expertise, the nature of your product, the amount of data involved, your budget, the environment running on your server(s), etc..

It might be that your application doesn't really require a full blown database. Maybe a flat file (CSV style) might be enough. Or maybe some type of CMS system might be better suited to your needs.

There are some details here about how to search your database driven site using Zoom. But they kind of assume you already have your site up and running.

Comment

Working...
    X